One is a pioneer of mathematical analysis as applied to global companies, at a time when women in this line of work were rare. Another is helping to design the sports footwear of the future. Some found themselves in careers close to the degree they earned at Georgia Tech. Others parlayed their Georgia Tech science education into management consulting or business law.
All of them used their College of Sciences degrees to make a difference in their professions. For some, that path took a turn because of what they learned about science – and themselves – at Georgia Tech. Nine of our notable alumni share their memories of life at Georgia Tech, the lessons they learned that they applied in their careers, and what they would tell current students about how to make the most of their time in the College of Sciences.
Meet nine accomplished alumni from the College of Sciences:
- Mena Aioub, Technology Development Engineer at Intel
- Arick Auyang, Footwear Developer at Nike
- Beth Cabrera, Advocate of Personal Well-Being
- Michelle Lyons, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Ryan Mills, Associate Professor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Melissa Nord, Certified Broadcast Meteorologist, WUSA 9, Washington, DC
- Libby Peck, Former Mathematical Analyst at The Coca-Cola Company
- Lauren Reaves, Meteorologist at the National Weather Service
- Clay Sparrow, Senior Counsel at Seyfarth Shaw LLP
For More Information Contact
A. Maureen Rouhi, Ph.D.
Director of Communications
College of Sciences