Job Purpose: Provide advanced professional level support to a school or research laboratory within the Institute in conducting and reporting results of often highly complex tests and experiments. Includes leading or coordinating experiment design, lab testing processes and analysis and presentation of data.
- Compile and analyze tests data and report findings.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of statistical analyses and maintenance of related databases.
- Coordinate maintenance of research equipment and facilities and purchase of supplies.
- Investigate and propose alternative experiment procedures.
- Conduct experiment design and preparation
- Prepare presentations and manuscripts.
- Train in laboratory processes and proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Three to four years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced working knowledge of the principles and practices of scientific testing and experimentation and related laboratory operations. Includes skill in data organization, management and evaluation; statistical analysis; project organization; and, use of advanced statistical and scientific computer applications.
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree or recent doctoral degree in a relevant field of chemistry or biological sciences with experience in MS-based proteomics techniques and biomolecular analysis
- Preferred Experience: Three to four years’ experience in protein biochemistry, analytical methods, mass spectrometry or biomolecular analysis; Hands-on experience with proteomic analysis is a plus.
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Strong background in protein chemistry; should be able to work independently and under the leadership of the facility director; has strong motivation to learn new technologies in the fields of MS and MS-based proteomics; can communicate effectively and work efficiently with scientists and students with different backgrounds.
Additional tasks may include:
- Prepare samples for protein identification and quantification by MS
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot mass spectrometers, HPLC and other equipment in the facility
- Execute and troubleshoot existing protocols for MS applications
- Design new or improved protocols for specific samples, together with clients and the facility director
- Provide training to scientists and students interested in developing knowledge and skills in the areas of proteomics and mass spectrometry
- Help clients to interpret experimental results and perform data analysis
- Maintain records needed for the efficient operation of the facility and billing of clients.
Additional Information: Will work under the direction of the facility director to provide high-quality MS-based proteomics services to a broad range of research labs.
Hiring Range: $41,100 - $57,100
Apply at http://www.careers.gatech.edu/career-paths/staff-opportunities-taleo